Thursday, February 14, 2008

Amy Stein

Amy Stein is one of the most interesting up-and-coming photographers on the art scene, right now. She has recently added some new work to the Stranded series and her Domesticated series. The following image from the Domesticated series really struck me. Not only does it include that stark, film-noir lighting that I love so much, but how did she manage to get the wolf in there?

(Photo by Amy Stein)

I would give anything to get a shot like this. Does anyone know of any parking lots in the San Francisco Bay Area that are frequented by wolves? I'm willing be realistic about my expectations for the snow; the but the wolf will be non-negotiable. Maybe someone knows someone who owns a wolf? Maybe we could get a German Shepherd that looks like a wolf.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe Reifer said...

Andy - support your local taxidermist.

- JR

10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You need to get away from the city more often, that's a Coyote

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo is truly amazing.

I haven't stared at a photo for this long in a while. Nice work.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is incredible, so different to the normal stuff you see. You're now in my bookmarks!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Germaine said...

Her website says she uses stuffed animals a lot. Where can I get a stuffed wolf?

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuffed animals are what little girls keep next to their pillow. I thinks it's a little more complex than that.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home