Sunday, June 20, 2010

Condensation from Nile Canyon

I'm taking a break this week from posting news and pointers to other photographs' work. I don't expect to get much night photography done this summer due to a combination of late sunsets and the seasonal marine layer of clouds that hugs the Northern California coast during the summer. But that doesn't mean I won't be out once or twice a month trying to do something productive.

Speaking of crummy weather, I took this shot at a railroad museum last January. It was a spectacular night for shooting: clear skies and full moon. But this location was in a narrow valley with a river flowing along the bottom. Around midnight the dreaded condensation came in. I thought this shot was ruined due to the condensation on the filter in front of my lens, but after some adjustments in PhotoShop, including a funky Holga-style border, I like the way it came out.

(Photo by Andy Frazer)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Heiden said...

I love this shot. The fog layer definitely makes this shot for me. Fantastic!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fog sometimes can been good for a shot (but rough on the equipment and photographer). I think this was worth it and far from 'crummy'.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home