Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Dark Path

"Once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny, consume you it will." - Yoda.

(Silos, by Andy Frazer)

Since I began night photography eight years ago, it has been the single most important focus of my photography. I have many theories why this happened. But aside from the dramatic colors and contrasts, and the sense of mystery; the whole sensory experience of being outside in a dark, desolate location is an incredible rush. I imagine that other photographers feel that same sense of "oneness" with their environment if their primary interest is landscape photography, or wildlife, or travel, or photojournalism.

But I'll take the "dark side" any day... (I mean any night).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, I think I'm pretty much right there with you on this notion. Hook, line, and sinker.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home