Tuesday, August 21, 2007

House Hunting

Nazraeli Press has re-issued Todd Hido's book House Hunting, which features Todd Hido's night photographs of suburban homes taken at night. Many of these homes are in the town of Pacifica, just south of San Francisco.

(Photo by Todd Hido)

KQED also has a Spark episode where they follow Todd on one of his night shooting adventures. I've always seen an inherent creepiness in Todd's photos because I can imagine a homeowner coming out and yelling at me if I ever tried something like this. I recently got yelled at by a neighbor because I looked at his house while I was walking past it one night. Kudos to Todd for completing an entire project on this topic.

Thanks to Robert Kerwin for posting this on the Nocturnes Message Board.

1 Comments:

Blogger tonypetersart said...

Hey Andy,
I poured through every page of your blog, I absolutely love it! Great stuff, I'm a huge fan of night painting, but haven't seen a whole lot of fine art night photography before. Glad you put these images together for my enjoyment, THANKS!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home