Saturday, November 28, 2009

Aircraft Boneyards

Somehow I once again ended up browsing through Troy Paiva's and Joe Reifer's night photographs of the airplane boneyards in southern California. I know many night photographers who point to these photographs as the original inspiration for getting interested in night photography. When I was in the De Anza Film Program working on my night photography documentary film Night of the Living Photographers many years ago, I showed an early version of the film to the class. After the lecture, there were more people asking me about my film than any of the other films shown that night. But the only thing that everyone was asking about was Troy's photographs of the airplane boneyards. Check them out for yourself:

Troy's Aircraft Boneyards and Joe's Aviation Warehouse.

Clipped and Headless, by Troy Paiva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home