Sunday, August 03, 2008

Stephen Freskos

Stephen Freskos (who goes by the Flickr name freeside510), along with Bay Area night photographer Scott Haefner, recently photographed an unidentified, abandoned rocket test facility one night on the outskirts of the San Francisco Bay Area. I think the abstract shapes (that you can only find in military-related facilities) look great in the shot below. It reminds me of the scenes from War of the Worlds when the Martians send those long "snooper" probes into the basement to look for Earthlings.

(Appendage, by Stephen Freskos)

Stephen has always been drawn to secretive and old places, and has been visiting abandonments and off-limits places since he was 13 years old. His fascination with graffiti has taken him to roof tops, drains and abandoned buildings all over the states and some foreign
countries.

Stephen says, "I realized how much beautiful and unique stuff I was seeing in these places and finally combined my exploration with my latent photography urges. Now every weekend I'm shooting and going to further and further lengths and occasional legal risks to photograph abandoned places."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home