Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tony Fouhse

I recently came across the website and blog of Canadian photographer Tony Fouhse. I love some of his personal work (especially Deep South), and his blog was so interesting that I read all of the previous posts within a few hours. But the rules of this blog are "night photography only". So I was relieved when I came across Tony's USER series (click User under the Personal pull-down menu), which are portraits of crack addicts taken at night on the corner of Murray and Cumberland Streets in Ottawa, Canada.

(Yvon, by Tony Fouhse)

Tony's images capture that careful balance of ambient background and artificial, key lighting which is so important to night portraiture. One of his blog entries shows some behind-the-scenes shots of how he sets up the lighting for these night shots.

2 Comments:

Blogger That Blogger Guy said...

Love the photos. Night photography is always such a great subject. I love the raw, urban feeling your photos project. If it's ok with you I'd love to feature you on my blog www.1lens2many.com. I'd love for you to hit it up some time.

12:42 PM  
Blogger William Wren said...

great subject matter

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home