Friday, December 01, 2006

TOP Shows Us His Night Stuff

For years, Mike Johnston has been one of my A-list photography writers. For the past year he has been editing The Online Photographer, one of my three must-read daily photography blogs. My day doesn't get off to a good start if I can't read his blog while slurping down my morning coffee.

Today he shows us his night stuff.

(photo: Mike Johnston)

One of the great things about the internet is the ability to share photographs with photographers from all over the world. This means that we can see the world through their eyes. And it usually means that we can see the places that visit or where they live. Mike's shot is a great example of that. He lives in Wisconsin, and he gets snow. I live in California, and I don't get snow.

I wish I could photograph freshly-fallen snow at night. But, usually, I can't do that. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to see his freshly-fallen snow night photographs. Thanks for sharing it, Mike!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few of us in Minneapolis were out last Saturday. Here are the results, though we didn't (and still haven't) gotten any snow.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got snow in the Seattle area this past week as well. It was the first time I've gotten any significant snow where I live, so of course I took a bunch of pictures.

While these were taken at night, they're long exposures so it almost looks like daytime. This one is my favorite, off-kilter and all.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home