Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aaron Hobson

Over the past year I've come to really appreciate the work of Aaron Hobson. His work combines "close-quartered panoramas" with self-portraiture and "open narratives". Or, put another way, stories that mix David Lynch in wide screen shot with a humble camera.

Maybe you should just take a look at his work...

Recently, Aaron posted this wonderful night panorama on his blog.

Who thinks of me and my work when they want a happy reminder of their wedding night? Bizarre people, that's who. Hahaha! --Aaron Hobson

(Cinderalla 2008, by Aaron Hobson)

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll notice that I've become fascinated by night panoramas. Over the next few weeks and months, I plan to post links to a lot more photographers who've been mixing this two niches.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ritchie said...

Those are interesting "self-portraits" by Andy Frazer. I followed the link and was impressed by his photography.
Thanks for sharing!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Andy Frazer said...

Ritchie,

Just a correction, the self portraits on Aaron Hobson's webpage are by Aaron Hobson, not me (I'm Andy Frazer... I just moderate this blog).

Thanks for your comments

Andy

7:09 PM  
Blogger Ritchie said...

Oops.... Yeah, I need to get more sleep at night.
I was impressed by Aaron's self-portraits. They are quite creative--he's obviously very talented.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow, his photography is amazing. I love pictures taken at night because the street lights, city lights, etc. always make the photography come out stunning.


http://www.TheNaturalSapphireCompany.com

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kastina said...

PAH! Love. Just amazing.

1:57 PM  
Blogger fabusdr said...

I like a lot Aaron Hobson photos, thank you for sharing!
He recently wrote a nice article about his work that has been published on Camera Obscura blog/magazine, if you want to have a look it is here:
Aaron Hobson article
All the best
Fabiano

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home